Do I need a Representative in the EU for GDPR Compliance?

If you are processing data on an EU citizen –

  • the offering of goods or services, irrespective of whether a payment of the data subject is required, or
  • the monitoring of their behaviour as far as their behaviour takes place within the Union.

Then under Article 3.  Territorial Scope – of the GDPR Law – you need to have an EU Representative.

What do they do?

  • They will be the contact person for the ‘data subjects’
  • Help maintain records of processing activities with you the ‘controller’
  • If requested will provide said records to the authorities
  • Is authorised to receive legal documents

Can we help?

Yes! We will need to be comfortable that you are compliant if we are to stand as your representative.

So what next?

Fill in this form and let us have your Data Map and Privacy Notice for review – and then lets talk, book a time